Sunday, March 28, 2010

Picnic with Auntie Jane, Uncle Ton and Uncle Mike

Today was a busy, but fun day for the Wong family. Early in the morning, everyone was awake by 630 am. Baby Kara had her bath shortly after breastfeeding from mama Lyanne. Everyone was dressed and ready to leave the door by 9am. Papa Matt had to be at UCLA by 10am for his co-chair duties for the UCLA Freshmen Scholarship Interviews. When they got to UCLA, mama Lyanne was so tired that she decided to take a nap in the parking lot before meeting Auntie Jane and Uncle Ton, since it was still early. Mama Lyanne had a good 45 mins of nap time. 

After that, she headed over to Auntie Jane and Uncle Ton's apartment to play with cousin Ellie while papa Matt was at UCLA interviewing students for the Scholarship Program. When mama Lyanne and baby Kara arrived at their apartment, Uncle Mike was already there greeting mama Lyanne and baby Kara as she parked the car. The first half hour or so, baby Kara was still asleep from her 8am feeding. But shortly after that, baby Kara was awake and everyone got to play with her. Auntie Jane wanted to use the sling on baby Kara.  

Soon after that, papa Matt was done with his volunteer co-chair duty and was ready to be picked up. Uncle Ton drove to UCLA to pick papa Matt up, because mama Lyanne was busy feeding baby Kara at the time.  When papa Matt arrived at Uncle Ton's and Auntie Jane's apartment, it was the perfect time for burping.

After Ellie woke up from her nap, it was picnic time!  We took 2 cars.  Uncle Mike did not want to ride with baby Kara, so he split up Auntie Jane and cousin Ellie.  Cousin Ellie must have missed her mommy because she cried the entire car ride. For the picnic, we went to Auntie Jane's work, the Kinross building at UCLA. They have a small grass area, giving it a private VIP feel to our picnic, because no one else was around except for us!

During lunch, the grass area had no shade so we ate at the tables where it was still shaded. As we ate by the tables, the shade slowly went away, and the grass area slowly became shadier, thanks to the fence providing the shade. The weather was hot in the sun, but cool enough in the shade. It was a perfect day for a picnic! We all got to relax on the grass. Uncle Mike got a chance to feed baby Kara and gave her a little bit of belly time, while cousin Ellie was enjoying her toy on her daddy's lap! 

Shortly after, the Wong family headed over to Alhambra so papa Matt can do his weekly Sacristan volunteer duty. Normally, they would go visit Great Yee-Ma at least an hour before church. However, since papa Matt was running late, he drove mama Lyanne and baby Kara straight to church and decided to visit Great Yee-Ma afterwards. After church, they headed over to Great Yee-Ma's house and found that she wasn't at her house, but was at Uncle Ho's house eating dinner with the family. When they arrived at the house, baby Kara was sound asleep. Great Yee-Ma and Great Auntie Winnie waited patiently for baby Kara to wake up so they can play with her. However, after 30-45 minutes of chatting with Great Yee-Ma, Great Auntie Winnie and Great Uncle Ho, baby Kara was still sound asleep! Even Great Yee-Ma was surprised that baby Kara slept through the loud TV noise and people chatting. By 8pm, Great Yee-Ma told us to go home knowing that baby Kara wouldn't be waking up any time soon. Sure enough, she slept the whole ride home!

No comments:

Post a Comment